We call on all local governments in Europe and the Middle East to engage in local climate action. Join the CCP campaign, make use of available guidance and tools, and add your voice to the growing group of active local governments!
- Signing up: A senior local government representative (e.g. Mayor, Vice Mayor for Environment) has to sign the CCP Sign-up Document to join the CCP Campaign.
- The issue about target setting: Local governments are expected to set their own targets and timeframe – make ambitious, yet realistic targets.
- Our approach: All CCP participants are expected to make use of the CCP 5 milestone methodology and report progress.
- Reporting to the CCP Europe Coordinator: Report first results within three (3) years of becoming a CCP participant (complete the 1st cycle of all 5 milestones). Thereafter annual reporting is required. The tools provided can also be used for Covenant of Mayors reporting.
- Your responsibilities: As a minimum CCP participants are requested to share news on their developments and achievements ICLEI will provide news through regular e-news and the CCP Newsletter.
- In a number of countries national CCP Campaigns have been established, led by a national coordinator and with material under development in the national language. These include: CCP Finland, CCP Israel, CCP Italia, CCP Turkey.
On joining you will
- receive the ‘CCP Basic’ package of free tools and basic guidance. (link to tab).
- be added to the CCP participants list – on the CCP Europe website and in the brochure.
- be invited to explore with ICLEI Europe what your local government’s needs are , and whether you require additional services.
Not sure if you wish to join CCP? Link as an observer.
Any municipality in the CCP Europe geographical area may link as a CCP observer for a period of one year. This will allow the staff to explore opportunities, join the CCP mailing list and observe how the Campaign works. Send an email to email@example.com and state your interest to join as an observer.