19 May 2017
ICLEI Europe celebrates 25 years with Freiburg Sustainability Days event
Panel discussion on link between global targets and local sustainability strategies
- Goethe-Institut, Wilhelmstraße 17
The City of Freiburg (Germany), ICLEI and the One World Forum will organise a panel discussion titled ‘Global goals, local strategies – why do cities need the SDGs?’ on 19 May from 18.00 - 19.30 as part of Freiburg’s Sustainability Days.
Welcoming several cities from the surrounding regions (both German and international), the event will also celebrate the 25th anniversary of ICLEI Europe in Freiburg.
With a programme of more than 60 actions performed within 96 hours in 12 locations, the aim of the Sustainability Days campaign is to make sustainability actions visible and tangible to local residents. The event will showcase a cross-section of the city’s sustainable development work and its council’s actions in the field.
During the campaign there will be a wide range of activities on the theme of sustainability throughout the city, run by local organisations.
• Lord Mayor Dr. Dieter Salomon, City of Freiburg
• Regierungspräsidentin, Elisabeth Ackermann, City of Basel
• First Mayor, Konrad Seigfried, City of Ludwigsburg
• Managing Director Claudia Duppel, umbrella organization for Development Policy Baden-Württemberg e.V.
• Regional Director, Wolfgang Teubner, ICLEI Europe
• Rogelio Villegas Velasquez, One World Forum
• Seo-Young Jang, Environmental Department, City of Suwon, South Korea
For more information on the programme and to register, click here.