In Europe, ICLEI is dedicated to introducing and anchoring new instruments, mechanisms and tools for municipal management, in order to ensure the unwavering implementation, effective monitoring and continual improvement of sustainable development.
- Do we manage our cities smartly?
- How successful are our local processes, plans and strategies in creating better quality of life without draining natural resources?
- What can a city do when it believes it can’t afford sustainability?
By working with local governments ICLEI helps to generate political awareness of key topics; establish plans of action toward defined, concrete, measurable targets, work towards meeting these targets through the implementation of projects; and evaluate local and cumulative progress toward sustainable development.
In Europe ICLEI is involved in a broad range of topics:
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Climate Change Mitigation
- Sustainability Management
- Urban Governance
- Sustainable Economy and Procurement
- Sustainable Events